BASF Care Creations introduces two new products to the actives portfolio, which offers comprehensive solutions that are designed to address key corrective actions in skin care and hair care.
BASF’s new active Epigenist (INCI: Voandzeia Subterranea Seed Extract (and) Maltodextrin) demonstrates a new unique target for improving the skin’s aesthetics—functional re-innervation of the epidermis. Aging reduces the nervous network within the skin, but Epigenist is able to:
- Improve cellular communication and viability,
- Increase epidermal thickness in volunteers by 10%, and
- Visibly recover radiance and smooth wrinkles.
BASF’s new active LOX-Age (INCI: Water (aqua) (and) Chichorium Intybus (Chicory) Leaf Extract (and) Hexylene Glycol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (and) Xanthan Gum) solves the balancing act that many effective anti-aging ingredients are unable to do. Ingredients such as retinol may improve cellular turnover and collagen synthesis, but this often comes at a cost—irritation, UV sensitivity, increased desquamation or exfoliation.
Lox-Age is able to achieve the desired anti-aging benefits without those negative side effects. This new ingredient:
- Stimulates LOX and Collagen I synthesis;
- Improves collagen cross-linking by 172%;
- Increases keratinocyte differentiation and cohesion, preventing excess desquamation; and
- Is clinically proven to be as efficient as retinol at reducing wrinkles, the appearance of pores, and improving elasticity.
The above paid-for content was produced by and posted on behalf of the Sponsor. Content provided is generated solely by the Sponsor or its affiliates, and it is the Sponsor’s responsibility for the accuracy, completeness and validity of all information included. Cosmetics & Toiletries takes steps to ensure that you will not confuse sponsored content with content produced by Cosmetics & Toiletries and governed by its editorial policy.