Build a solid foundation in science, formulation and product development—find out more!
Most Popular in:
Testing A New Platform for Skin Care Emulsions
By: Anja Gestmann, Valerie Bonnardel and Jocelyne Milliere, National Starch Personal Care
Posted: May 6, 2003, from the September 2002 issue of Cosmetics & Toiletries.
Purchase This Article
- From Cosmetics & Toiletries
- September 2002 issue, pg 73
- 7 pages
- skin care formulations strategies
- skin care
- platform technology
- starch phosphate
- Adobe PDF for download
- Printed copies mailed to you
From $9 an article
A whole series of emulsion platform technologies are available to skin care formulators. To gain acceptance, a novel emulsion platform technology would ideally maximize these features.
- Flexibility in use;
- Compatibility with other ingredients;
- Viability throughout a broad pH range;
- Viability throughout a wide temperature range;
- Rheology modification and co-emulsification under a wide range of formulation and product conditions;
- A pleasing skin feel.
This is only an excerpt of the full article that appeared in Cosmetics & Toiletries, but you can purchase the full-text version.