Most Popular in Testing
- Modifying Hair’s Structure From the Inside
- SPF Tests Reveal No Ideal In vitro Substrate Exists
- How to Prove 'Rub-resistant' Sun Protection
- It'll Grow on You: Fully Functional 3D Skin Model
- Evaluating 1,3-Propanediol for Potential Skin Effects
- Zeta Potential and Particle Size to Predict Emulsion Stability
- Puberty and Parabens: New Study Cites 'Risk'
- Can New Approaches Pave the Way for Better Toxicology?
- Ranking Body Creams by Sensory Properties
- A Dermatological View: Antioxidant Inhibits UV Erythema In Vivo in Humans
Recent in Testing (page 27 of 32)
Feb 12, 2007
Reducing animal use for testing drugs and cosmetics was the focus of a recent congress held in Chennai, India.
Feb 1, 2007 | Robert Holtz, BioInnovation Laboratories
The methods described in this article highlight some of the markers that can be used to assess the UV protective effects of a test material. All of these markers represent either an index of UV-induced damage to the cell or the cell’s response to the damage.
Jan 3, 2007
The EPAA recently presented a report covering the actions made toward the replacement, reduction and refinement of animal testing.
Jan 2, 2007
Fluid Imaging Technologies has launched a particle analysis instrument that permits 23 measurement parameters.
Dec 1, 2006 | G. Guglielmini, Sinerga SpA
This article describes two sophisticated techniques to measure the diameter of emulsion droplets on the nanometer scale and uses those techniques to test a new emulsifying agent capable of spontaneously creating emulsions with droplet sizes smaller than 300 nm.
Dec 1, 2006 | Jennifer A. Davis and R. Randall Wickett, PhD College of Pharmacy, University of Cincinnati
This brief review provides an insight into the current standing of sensitive skin research, including recent findings on the possible role of nerve growth factor as an underlying mechanism and predictive tool for sensitive skin.
Nov 9, 2006
BASF has signed a cooperation agreement with the Center of Excellence in Biocatalysis, Biotransformation and Biomanufacturing (CoEBio3) in Manchester, UK.
Sep 25, 2006
Ciba Specialty Chemicals has submitted a master file to the US Food and Drug Association (FDA) for its new antimicrobial test method...
Aug 31, 2006 | Janusz Jachowicz, ISP; Jo Smewing, Stable Micro Systems Ltd.
Texture analysis provides quantitative information about a material’s response when deformed by a controlled force. When texture analysis is applied to hair treated with various conditioners and styling fixatives, the results can help substantiate claims made about the effectiveness of these hair care products.
Aug 24, 2006
Celsis International introduces the next generation in bioluminescence technology that screens for microbial contamination of personal care products.
Aug 14, 2006
Beginning fall 2006, BioScreen will begin offering Asian subject panels.
May 1, 2006
The Animal Protection Institute (API), a US national non-profit animal advocacy organization, announced the launch of a campaign to combat misleading animal testing labeling practices...
Can't find what you're looking for? Try searching, or looking through past issues.
Between The Covers Discover:
- Amino acid distribution and biochemistry
- Examination of strength and anti-breakage product claims
- Hair: growth cycle, heat protection, shine, and color intensity and retention
- Overview of shampoos and issues relating to surfactants
- Science of hair color including chemical reactions and formulations
- Ethnic differences in hair and absorption of materials
- Evaluate and quantify visual properties of hair
- Dandruff-Causes and biology of the condition
- Hair styling products and polymers
Click here to order your copy today.
Finally! This book offers practical approach to the formulation chemist’s day-to-day endeavors by: addressing the innumerable challenges facing the chemist both in design and at bench, such as formulating with/for specific properties; offering valuable “tips” to troubleshooting issues regarding ingredient selection and interaction, regulatory concerns that must be addressed early in development, and the extrapolation of preservative systems; exploring the advantages and limitations of raw materials; addressing scale-up and pilot production process and concerns; and much more.Order your copy today.