Most Popular in Testing
- Phthalates Study Raises More Concerns, ‘But Who Cares?’
- In vivo Delivery Confirmation: Measuring the Deposition of Salicylic Acid from Anti-acne Face Wash
- Wet Skin Factor for Sunscreens: An In vitro Method, Part I
- SPF Testing: Who's Got Their 'Backs?'
- Evaluating 1,3-Propanediol for Potential Skin Effects
- Wet Skin Factor for Sunscreens: An In vitro Method, Part II
- 'Zapping' Sensitive Skin: Capsaicin Tests Show Embelia concinna Comforts Irritation
- Measuring Hair Strength, Part I: Stress-Strain Curves
- VIDEO: P&G Scientists on Claims Substantiation in Anti-dandruff Care
- Preservative Efficacy Testing: Accelerating the Process
Recent in Testing (page 19 of 19)
Feb 20, 2012
The Interagency Coordinating Committee on the Validation of Alternative Methods (ICCVAM) has recommended a non-animal test method to identify estrogen agonist and antagonist activity. In addition to recommending the test, ICCVAM also found the method to provide a number of benefits over the method currently employed in the United States.
Jan 5, 2012 | Timothy Gao, PhD; Peter Landa; Regan Tillou; and Kevin Gallagher, Croda Inc.
To evaluate the comprehensive effects of shine and color intensity in hair, a hair color vibrance factor has been developed to enable new claims for hair dye formulas and after-dye treatments. Experimental results described here show how varying the ingredients in shine spray and hair dye formulas affect this factor and correlate with subjective panelist assessments.
Dec 7, 2011
NIEHS and NICEATM invite public comments that can be considered by the ICCVAM and the agencies' program offices in updating the NICEATM-ICCVAM 2008-2012 Five-Year Plan to develop the 2013-2017 Five-Year Plan.
Oct 28, 2011 | Katie Anderson (Schaefer), Cosmetics & Toiletries magazine
Today, product formulation goes hand in hand with efficacy testing, but nearly 40 years ago, when Sergio Nacht, PhD, started out in the personal care industry, it was a different story. Throughout his decades in personal care, Nacht has developed methodologies that have allowed the personal care industry to establish efficacy of a product and convey this to the consumer. He has also been instrumental in the increased efficacy of personal care products through sustained release.