Most Popular in Regulatory
- What Should the Minimum Recommended SPF Be to Avoid Sunburn?
- Making Hair (Claims) Do What You Want
- Korean Cosmetic Regulations
- Make Your Claims Bulletproof: Let Science Serve as Your Vest
- Beiersdorf Nixes ‘Aquaphor’ Diaper Rash Cream Claim After NAD Inquiry
- FDA Warns About Stimulating Collagen, Lightening and Other Claims
- Regulatory Review—Titanium Dioxide
- Update: TSCA Reform Bill is Trying to Make its Way to President's Desk
- Prop 65 Not Cool with Aloe Vera Extract
- Big Win for Cosmetics: Court Closes Prop 65 Titanium Dioxide Case
Recent in Regulatory (page 33 of 40)
Mar 28, 2008 | David C. Steinberg, Steinberg & Associates
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) has agreed to harmonize its cosmetic regulatory scheme.
Mar 25, 2008
The European Commission's Scientific Committee on Consumer Products (SCCP) has deemed five hair-dye ingredients safe at recommended concentrations and labeled one with insufficient data.
Mar 19, 2008
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is establishing a regulating presence in China to monitor exported food and cosmetics.
Mar 17, 2008
Questions were raised at the American Academy of Dermatology's (AAD) annual meeting in February over its Seal of Recognition program.
Mar 12, 2008
The European Commission (EC) is requesting opinions from its Scientific Committee on Consumer Products (SCCP) on benzophenone-3 and toluene.
Mar 11, 2008
On Thursday, March 6, 2008, the House Committee on Homeland Security approved draft legislation that would extend and modify federal authority to regulate the security of U.S. chemical plants—a measure that, among other things, would require chemical plants to consider the use of "inherently safer technology (IST)."
Mar 10, 2008
Registration under REACH starts on June 1, 2008, when manufacturers and importers of new substances in quantities above 1 ton have to submit a registration to the European Chemicals Agency.
Mar 10, 2008
Organic Monitor predicts 2008 to be defining year in the adoption of natural and organic standards in the cosmetics industry.
Feb 27, 2008
Cosmetics producers in North America now can certify their natural and organic products by standards similar to Europe's.
Feb 14, 2008
An increasing demand for halal products has spurred the Islamic Development Department (Jakim) to set up a multi-million laboratory to determine the halal worthiness of products.
Feb 14, 2008
Scientists have reported that sunscreen may be to blame for dying coral reefs.
Feb 12, 2008
"Natural Vs." campaign seen as a broader consumer educational effort on natural personal care products..