Courage + Khazaka electronic GmbH will feature the SPF-InVivoSpec DRS 320 at NYSCC Suppliers' Day at booth #567.
The technology works with LED Hybrid Diffuse Reflectance Spectroscopy (HDRS) for the determination of the SPF of a product and offers a non-invasive procedure that is quick and easy to handle.
The device consists of components including a multi-wavelength LED illumination source, a fiber optic probe with spatial separation of illumination and reflectance, a check calibration reference and a spectrometer.
Benefits of the technology include:
- An extremely low UV-dose for HDRS < 1/10 MED of unprotected skin type 1 without UVB;
- A compact, easy-to-handle measurement system with a hand/foot switch;
- An adjustable LED spectrum, ideal for research and development due to spectral analysis
- Simple and safe application with convenient user software;
- SPF determination using additional in vitro spectrum (hybrid method), optionally ITA values from a Skin Colorimeter Flex CL 440 probe and;
- Time and cost saving due to fast in vivo measurement (e.g. 1 volunteer, 10 measurement sites, 4 products, approx.1 hour (compared to 24h for ISO 24444)).
The device is currently still being evaluated in a large international ring study.