Clariant has announced sales for Q3 2018, as well as the first nine months of 2018.
During the third quarter of 2018, sales increased 5% to CHF 1.605 billion, which the company largely attributed to price increases. Growth was driven by strong sales progression in care chemicals and natural resources.
Latin American sales increased 14%
- North America and Europe were both up 5%
- Asian sales increased 3%; China softened during the third quarter
- Middle East & Africa saw a small sales decrease, down 1%
- Care chemical sales increased 8%
For the first nine months of 2018, the company reported sales of CHF 4.994 billion.
- Latin America reported the strongest growth, at 13%
- Sales in Asia rose 9%, driven mainly by China and India
- North American sales grew 6%
- Sales increased 4% in Europe
- The Middle East & Africa, the company’s smallest geographic reason, saw a 3% decrease
- Sales advanced 9% in care chemicals, driven by consumer care and industrial applications
“In the first nine months of the year, Clariant has delivered strong sales and EBITDA,” said CEO Ernesto Occhiello. “Going forward, we will focus on growth and cost awareness, while emphasizing to an even greater extent customer-specific, technologically advanced applications and enhancing operating efficiencies. In addition, the implementation of the recently announced portfolio changes will further fuel substantial profitability progression.”