Build a solid foundation in science, formulation and product development—find out more!
Most Popular in:
From Caper to Prickly Pear for Dermatitis to Dual Phase Mouthwash: Literature Review
By: Charles Fox (See In Memory Sidebar)
Posted: June 29, 2010, from the July 2010 issue of Cosmetics & Toiletries.
- Formula 1. Moisturizing night cream1
- Formula 2. Hair softener7
- Formula 3. Shampoo8
- Formula 4. Hair dye9
- Formula 5. Lip gloss11
- Formula 6. Film-forming lip preparation12
- Formula 7. O/W sunscreen emulsion13
- Formula 10. W/O Foundation18
- Formula 9. Pressurized composition17
- Formula 8. Dual-phase mouthwash14
page 5 of 5
Carbosiloxane-dendrimer chain-containing vinyl polymers: Kao Corp. has patented cosmetic compositions containing carbosiloxane-dendrimer chain-containing vinyl polymers, nonvolatile oils and powders.18 Also provided is a cosmetic containing: a) 0.1% to 30% w/w vinyl-based polymer having a carbosiloxane dendrimer structure in side chains; b) from 0.1% to 30% w/w fixed oil, which is liquid at 25°C and has a solubility parameter of 16.5 or above; and c) hydrophobic powder—wherein the mass ratio of a:b is 0.3:5.0. An example of a w/o type cosmetic foundation is shown in Formula 10. This foundation reportedly covered skin pores and spread well on the skin without causing stickiness.
Reproduction of the article without expressed consent is strictly prohibited.
Send e-mail to email@example.com.
1. WO 2009 149,879, Cosmetic or pharmaceutical compositions, emulsions comprising modified polysiloxanes with at least one carbamate group, Clariant International Ltd, Switzerland (Dec 17, 2009)
2. CA 2,683,731, Use of Vernonia extract, Bayer Consumer Care AG, Switzerland (Oct 28, 2008)
3. FR 2,932,381, Topical and injectable cosmetic or pharmaceutical compositions containing a combination of cross-linked or non-cross-linked hyaluronan and heparin and/or one or more heparinoid derivatives, Innoderm, France (Dec 18, 2009) 4. WO 2009 155,456, Skin protectant compositions containing antioxidants and phase 2 enzyme inducers, Western Holdings LLC, USA (Dec 23, 2009)
5. WO 2009 153,963, Cleansing cosmetic preparation, Shiseido Company Ltd, Japan (Dec 23, 2009)
6. IT 2007 MI 721, Skin cosmetic compositions for treatment of dermatitis and other skin conditions, specifically atopic dermatitis, also associated with pathological xerosis, Dermogyn Srl, Italy (Jul 6, 2007)
7. JP 2009 292,732, Emulsified hair cosmetic compositions, Milbon Co, Ltd, Japan (Dec 17, 2009)
8. FR 2,932,382, Composition including a particular polysaccharide oxide for washing and conditioning keratinous materials, use and process, L’Oréal, France (Dec 18, 2009)
9. FR 2,932,378, Hair dye composition containing a film-forming polymer, a coloring base and a volatile solvent, L’Oréal, France (Dec 18, 2009)
10. WO 2009 153,311, Shampoos comprising surfactants agglomerated with solid particulate carriers, Dow Corning Corp, USA (Dec 23, 2009)
11. WO 2009 147,089, Compositions based on polyester in an oily phase and uses thereof, L’Oréal, France (Dec 10, 2009)
12. FR 2,932,380, Cosmetic process for the treatment of lips comprising a film-forming polymer and a siloxane, L’Oréal, France (Dec 18, 2009)
13. DE 102,008,028,665, Cosmetic preparation containing titanium dioxide with multimodal particle size distribution also in combination with other sunscreens, Beiersdorf AG, Germany (Dec 17, 2009)
14. WO 2009 152,507, Oral compositions comprising a hydrophobic phase, a hydrophilic phase and a hydrotrope component, Colgate-Palmolive Co, USA (Dec 17, 2009)
15. WO 2009 150,712, Press transfer seal for beautifying teeth and method for beauti- fying the surfaces of teeth, Lion Corp, Japan (Dec 17, 2009)
16. US 7,632,488, Cross-linked silicone polymers for cosmetics, Anthony J. O’Lenick Jr., Siltech LLC, USA (Dec 15, 2009)
17. WO 2009 151,572, Compositions containing a solvated active agent suitable for dispensing as a compressed gas aerosol, SC Johnson and Son Inc, USA (Dec 17, 2009)
18. WO 2009 150,846, Cosmetic compositions containing carbosiloxane-dendrimer chain-containing vinyl polymers, nonvolatile oils and powders, Kao Corp, Japan (Dec 17, 2009)