Build a solid foundation in science, formulation and product development—find out more!
Most Popular in:
Evaluating Outside-in Skin Transparency and Other Literature Findings
By: Charles Fox, Independent Consultant
Posted: August 31, 2009, from the September 2009 issue of Cosmetics & Toiletries.
page 5 of 5
Fluorinated ingredients: ELC Management LLC published cosmetic compositions with perfluorinated ingredients.17 The described invention comprises at least one perfluorinated component and at least one aromatic component in which the amount of aromatic component is sufficient to compatibilize the fluorinated component in the cosmetic composition. Transfer-resistant, long-wearing or other types of cosmetic or pharmaceutical compositions containing the components and a method for matching a fluorinated component in a cosmetic composition using an aromatic component are given. Also provided are cosmetic compositions containing at least one perfluorinated amide. For example, one lipstick composition contains N-octylperfluorononamide, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, octocrylene and other ingredients.
Polyfluoroalkyl dimethicone polymer: Combe Inc. created pre-shave preparations with enhanced lubricity formulated with polyfluoroalkyl dimethicone polymer.18 The pre-shave composition disclosed included at least one polyfluoroalkyl dimethicone polymer, a volatile component to serve as a carrier to the polyfluoroalkyl dimethicone polymer, and a suspending agent to suspend the polyfluoroalkyl dimethicone polymer in the volatile component. An example is shown in Formula 5.
Reproduction of all or part of this article is strictly prohibited.
Send e-mail to CT_author@allured.com.
1. F Niyonsaba et al, The human antimicrobial peptide dermicidin activates normal human keratinocytes, Brit J Dermatol 160 243–249 (2009)
2. KR 2009 11,339, Skin preparation containing vitamin C, D and curcumin for preventing skin damages caused by photo-aging, Amorepacific Corp, South Korea (Feb 2, 2009)
3. WO 2009 23,416, Cosmetic compositions comprising resveratrol and DNA repair enzyme for repairing human skin, ELC Management LLC, USA (Feb 19, 2009)
4. EP 2,027,848, Liquid skin cleanser including beads with multiple color signals of adequate wash duration with adequate mechanical force, The Dial Corp, USA (Feb 25, 2009)
5. US 2009 53,312, Compositions comprising siloxanes for a skin lubricant, High Desert Pharmaceuticals Inc, USA (Feb 26, 2009) 6. JP 2009 40,753, Skin repair compositions containing plant extracts and method for screening skin repair substances, Advangen Inc, Japan, (Feb 26, 2009)
7. JP 2009 40,759, Skin protective compositions containing fluorinated polymers and polyhydric alcohols, Saraya Co, Ltd, Japan (Feb 26, 2009)
8. WO 2009 27,237, Two component hair dye kits containing solid CH-acids and carbonyl compounds and a liquid carrier, Henkel AG and Co, KGaA, Germany (Mar 5, 2009)
9. DE 102,007,041,492, Hair bleaching compositions with coated basification agent for delayed activity, Henkel AG and Co., KgaA, Germany (Mar 5, 2009)
10. JP 2009 40,741, Nonsticky oil-in-water hair styling compositions containing insoluble silicone or organic powders, silicone oils, carboxy polymer thickeners, and surfactants, Kao Corp, Japan (Feb 26, 2009)
11. US 2009 47,229, Lip gloss, Coty SAS, France (Feb 19, 2009)
12. US 2009 53,157, Water-based cosmetic mascara compositions comprising a soybean oil derivative and/or a salt thereof, L’Oréal, France (Feb 26, 2009)
13. WO 2009 26,113, Long wear retaining gloss cosmetic composition comprising styrene/acrylate copolymer, Revlon Consumer Products Corp, USA (Feb 26, 2009)
14. US 2009 53,153, Polymer composite particles containing sunscreen agent of improved stability and UV absorption, and manufacturing method thereof, Sunjin Chemical Co, Ltd, South Korea (Feb 26, 2009)
15. H Mochizuki et al, Evaluation of out-in skin transparency using a colorimeter and food dye in patients with atopic dermatitis, Brit J Dermatol 160 972–979 (2009)
16. DE 102,007,039,007, Method for the preparation of transparent or translucent, silicone oil-containing emulsions for cosmetic use, Beiersdorf AG, Germany (Feb 19, 2009)
17. WO 2009 23,620, Cosmetic compositions with perfluorinated ingredients, ELC Management LLC, USA (Feb 19, 2009)
18. CA 2,632,302, Pre-shave preparation with enhanced lubricity comprising polyfluoroalkyl dimethicone polymer, Combe Inc, USA (Feb 21, 2009)