Build a solid foundation in science, formulation and product development—find out more!
Most Popular in:
Updates Encouraged for Health Canada's In-Commerce List
By: David C. Steinberg, Steinberg & Associates
Posted: November 21, 2011
page 2 of 2
The following steps, if not taken today, will result in potential regulatory hurdles tomorrow (including data intensive new substances requirements).
- Become Familiar with the ICL and the ICL nomination process.
- Review all substances against the current ICL, and notify customers of engagement in the ICL nomination process.
- Nominate any substances on the current ICL with CAS numbers not on the DSL or already listed on the revised ICL.
- Substances not on the ICL (or DSL) with proof of sale in Canada between Jan. 1, 1987 and Sep. 13, 2001 can also be nominated. This may require work with customers to identify ICL eligible substances, as proof of sale has to be in a F&DA-regulated product to protect the existing status of these substances.
- Contact customers, the Personal Care Products Council, or CCTFA with questions.
- Engage now, as Feb. 14, 2012 is the deadline for nominations.
Re-registering raw materials soon on the ICL can help suppliers, distributors and manufacturers avoid time intensive regulatory reviews and pre-market notification requirements and ensure uninterrupted access to the Canadian marketplace. For more information on this nomination process, consult Health Canada's ICL website.