Build a solid foundation in science, formulation and product development—find out more!
Most Popular in:
IOS Natural, Organic Certification Now Available for US Cosmetics
Posted: February 27, 2008
page 2 of 2
According to the report, the IOS Cosmetics Standard was created specifically for North America using as reference and conforming to existing European, US and Canadian regulations and legislation:
- US Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). Title 7 Part 205 Natural Organic Program
- California Health and Safety Code, Article 7 "The California Organic Products Act of 2003"
- Consumer Packaging and Labeling Act (Canada)
- Canadian Food and Drugs Act
- FDA/CFSAN Cosmetics Good Manufacturing Practice guideline
- CAN/CGSB 32.310 2006 Organic Production Systems General Principles and Management Standards
- EEC Regulation number 2092/91
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems - Requirements ISO
- 14001 Environmental Management Systems - Requirements
Copies of the IOS Standard (.PDF version) are available free by request from Certech Registration Inc. by e-mailing email@example.com.