Most Popular in Regulatory
- New U.S. UV Filters and the Cosmetic Outlook in Canada for Sunscreens
- Canada Issues Polymers Mandatory Notice
- NYC’s Microbead Bust
- Animal Testing Ban, Safety Take Center Stage in Regulatory Discussions
- Korean Cosmetic Regulations
- What Should the Minimum Recommended SPF Be to Avoid Sunburn?
- What Dermatologists, FDA Say about Halloween Makeup
- Navigating the Ever-Changing Regulatory Landscape in China, Part II
- The Labeling of Fragrance Allergens in the European Union
- Unifying U.S. Cosmetic Regulation: The Challenges of the Personal Care Products Safety Act
Recent in Regulatory (page 2 of 9)
Sep 4, 2015
Assembly Bill 888, which prohibits the use of microbeads, was revamped a day after falling short by two votes it needed to pass the California Senate and has now received the Assembly's approval.
Sep 1, 2015
A study found up to 94,500 microbeads could be released in a single facial scrub application, which further supports proponents of the microbeads ban. #microbeadsban
Aug 26, 2015
A draft law is reportedly in the works to ban animal testing in Russia for cosmetics, perfumes and their ingredients. #animaltestingcosmeticsban
Aug 26, 2015
The Personal Care Products Safety Act, a bill introduced this past April, proposes regulation of the cosmetics and personal care industry like no other legislation since the U.S. Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act of 1938. Perhaps the greatest issue for it to resolve, or fail to, is uniformity of that regulation.
Aug 25, 2015
Turkey is now the latest country to join the group of countries that have banned animal testing for cosmetics. #animaltestingcosmeticsban
Aug 20, 2015
The FDA has taken recent compliance actions by issuing warning letters for cosmetics claims and unapproved ingredients.
Aug 6, 2015
The cosmetics industry was able to thwart an attack against it concerning the ingredient titanium dioxide in the State of California court system.
Aug 4, 2015
Pamela Busiek, who will speak at the Global Retailers and Manufacturers Alliance (GRMA) in Ann Arbor, Michigan on Aug. 3, addresses ongoing efforts to reform cosmetic regulation.
Aug 3, 2015
As the global environmental issue of plastic microbeads in waterways gains traction, CIDESCO calls for action.
Jul 28, 2015
If toothpaste is regulated as a cosmetic product, manufacturers will have to list all of the ingredients.
Jul 21, 2015
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration will hold a public meeting on September 10, 2015 to receive input from the public on various topics pertaining to the regulation of cosmetics.
Jul 7, 2015
TerraVerdae BioWorks released a line of biodegradable, natural microspheres to be utilized in cosmetic and personal care products.