Industry News Sponsored by
Bell Flavors and Fragrances Inc. has released its annual "Top Ten Fragrances 2011," a prediction of this year's most popular fragrances as selected by the company's worldwide marketing teams. These lists can provide formulators insight into the latest consumer demands to aid them in choosing relevant fragrances for personal care products.
The top ten fragrances were chosen based on samples requested throughout the year, trend scouting by the company's internal marketing and R&D departments worldwide, and tracking trends through external databases. However, the company focused on what it terms the hibernating consumer, and what emerging fragrance notes will be selected as world economies begin to produce again.
The top fragrance notes/accords are:
1. Jasmine Sambac (the hottest emerging note for 2011)
2. White Patchouli (an emerging retro note with a modern twist)
3. Rich Balsamic (a bold and indulgent note for emerging men's lines)
4. English Toffee (sweet accords inspired by the upcoming royal wedding)
5. Caviar Luxe (caviar accord gives a luxurious trait to unique fragrance)
6. Lime Cilantro Spice (traditions from the "Day of the Dead" reinvigorate authentic fragrance accords from emerging markets)
7. Fir Needles (a modern natural accord)
8. Brazilian Nut (inspired by the upcoming World Cup and Olympics in Brazil)
9. Guaiacwood (The "tree of life," known as Palo Santo in Jamaica, brings rustic accords alive again)
10. Brisk Blue Algae (the next big wave for energy)