Today's cosmetic emulsions are not simply mixtures of oil, water and emulsifier; they also contain a number of active ingredients functioning to ameliorate the condition of the skin, such as skin hydration or the barrier properties of the stractum corneum (SC). Most of these ingredients will work only if they penetrate the SC or the deeper layers of the epidermis. The extent and rate of penetration depend not only on the diffusion and solubility properties of the ingredietn molecule itself, but also on the effect of the cosmetic vehicle of the diffusion process.
Properties of Emulsions: Structure and Skin Penetration
July 19, 2011
Fill out my online form.
microHA—Super Active, Low Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid (HA) with Outstanding Biological Efficacy — Bloomage Biotechnology USA Inc.
Most Popular in Methods & Processes
- 1 "COSMETICS LAB" - The new cosmetics magazine made for scientists by scientists.
- 2Building Cosmetics to Boost Self-confidence: An Interdisciplinary Approach
- 3Comparatively Speaking: Epilation vs. Depilation
- 4Free vs. Controlled Radical Polymerization
- 5Cold Processing of Emulsions
- 6Formulating Water-in-Oil Emulsions: A Scary Endeavor
- 7Garbage to Glamour: Recycling Food by-products for Skin Care
- 8Stability Testing Just Got Automated
- 9Cloud point vs. High cloud point
- 10Deriving Renewable Squalane from Sugarcane
- L'Oréal and Alibaba Bring Mobile Acne Analysis to China
6/4/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Indena Genetically Validates Bilberry Extract
12/3/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Comparatively Speaking: Natural Oil Grades
5/16/2019, Anthony J. O'Lenick, Jr., IFSCC education chair and Siltech, LLC
- [video] Natural Extraction in Action: Traditional vs. Supercritical Fluid Techniques
7/8/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer with Arumugam Sivakumar, Ph.D., Sami Labs/Sabinsa
- Kao's Fine Fibers Impart Moisture, Activate Proteins in Skin
11/4/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer