Our knowledge of the sun and its effects on skin has increased over the years, including the damaging effects of UVA and UVB light. Testing methods for UVA and UVB rays differ; the following is a review of the testing protocols of the European Union and United Kingdom.
Here Comes the Sun Protection: ISO Test Methods
October 15, 2018
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Europe
- 1Measuring Europe's Microplastic Response
- 2EU Effectively Bans D4 and D5 in Wash-off Products
- 3How EU Regulations Influence Fragrance in Cosmetics
- 4Here Comes the Sun Protection: ISO Test Methods
- 5EU Draws the Line on Endocrine Disruptors
- 6EFfCI Publishes GMP Guide for Cosmetic Ingredients
- 7Does Your PIF Comply?
- 8European Commission Authorizes MBBT Sunscreens
- 9Transparency on the Rise: Data on 15,000 Chemicals Released
- 10EU Regulation No. 1223/2009 Part 1: Product Safety
- Measuring Europe's Microplastic Response
11/12/2018, Chris Flower, Ph.D., and Emma Meredith, Ph.D., CTPA, London
- ICMAD Releases Statement on EU Extra Duties
7/6/2018, Eden Stuart
- EU Announces Extra Duties for US Cosmetics, Flavor and Fragrance Imports
6/22/2018, Eden Stuart