Five South Korean-startups are getting a major boost from Beiersdorf.
The brands—Reziena, Mesquare, Limese, LYCL and Panda—will be joining the accelerator program at the innovation hub sponsored by Nivea, reports the Korea Herald.
- Reiziena specializes in the development devices for cosmetics and personal care,
- Mesquare’s Glowhill brand offers skin care products and perfumes,
- Limese operates a platform which delivers Korean products to salons, spas and stores in India,
- LYCL operates a mobile app for users reviews and recommendations for beauty products and
- Panda is a purveyor of rice flour soap
The brands were selected out of a pool of around 200 startups which applied to the program. They will be offered mentorship for research and development; funding; and free access to the innovation hub, located at WeWork Hongdae, set to open in June.
Update: Beiersdorf Korea general manager Endrik Hasemann commented: “Beiersdorf is excited to collaborate with the first batch of NX startups. For the next year, NX will provide thorough support to the companies to maximize their potential throughout the whole value chain.”