Givaudan Partners with Ginkgo Bioworks for Sustainable Ingredients
September 7, 2021
Fill out my online form.
Fragrance Allergen Calibration Mixes – Receive 30% discount — Sigma-Aldrich, a brand of MilliporeSigma
Most Popular in Company News
- 1Allure 2021 Best of Beauty Breakthrough Award Winners
- 2Novi Debuts Beauty Platform for Ingredients & Packaging
- 3LSI Launches as an Independent Business from Lonza Group
- 4Procter & Gamble Announces Climate Change Initiatives
- 5BASF Takes Care Creations on the Road
- 6Amyris Closes Acquisition of Beauty Labs
- 7Bio-Oil, Kao USA Inc. Strike Distribution Deal
- 8Sensai Opens Flagship Store, Launches Silk Skin Checker
- 9BASF Wins 2021 Safer Choice Partner of the Year Award
- 10L'Oréal USA Achieves Carbon Neutrality
Givaudan has signed a multi-program collaboration with Ginkgo Bioworks for the creation of sustainable ingredients using fermentation.
Givaudan will leverage Gingko’s platform to accelerate the development of new ingredients, as well as enhance their existing portfolio, and create more sustainable products for flavors, fragrances, pharmaceuticals and more.
The collaboration between Ginkgo and Givaudan spans multiple programs, with the possibility of adding more in the future. Companies across numerous industries use Ginkgo's platform to find more effective, environmentally friendly ways to create products, including food ingredients, flavors, cosmetics, medicines and more. By enabling the design of organisms that can produce valuable biological products, Ginkgo helps accelerate the development of innovative, bio-based solutions to the world's various environmental challenges.
Allison Haitz, biotechnology program director at Givaudan, said, “Givaudan has long prided itself on being a leader in innovation. This collaboration with Ginkgo Bioworks is the latest example of our commitment to offering the highest quality, natural products to our customers around the world. We are excited to use biology to unlock more wonders of nature in a sustainable way.”
Want to know everything going on in flavor & fragrance? Sign up for P&F+'s newsletter. You can also follow along on Instagram and LinkedIn.
- L'Oréal USA Achieves Carbon Neutrality
9/23/2021, Tony Scianna
- BASF Publishes Fifth Palm Progress Report
7/20/2021, Michele Behrens
- Lubrizol’s AlgaPūr HSHO Algae Oil Wins BSB Innovation Award
5/17/2021, Michele Behrens
- Calyxt Pursues Plant-based Cosmetic Technologies
10/7/2021, Michele Behrens