Welcome to March—as they say, it "goes in like a lion and out like a lamb;" but that won’t ring true for the cosmetics industry as it gears up for trade show season. In fact, companies are preparing to run full-speed lion, with announcements for new launches and concepts rolling out daily; Cosmetics & Toiletries has been reporting them all week. Here's Rachel Grabenhofer with your video recap, including:
- How and why the natural cosmetics industry will continue to grow;
- Ichimaru Pharcos's Wamino-BonBon ingredient from Japanese sake and molasses;
- DSM's insight that “light medical beauty” is an emerging trend, plus related data on its Scutellaria alpina ingredient;
- Interpolymer's functional color cosmetic ingredients;
- The PCHi's Fountain Award winners;
- CEW’s event, “The Future of Cannabis in Beauty,” covering terminology, legalities and more;
- The partnership between ChemCom and Symrise to create formulas to counteract select body odors;
- Antiperspirant company Carpe's No-sweat Wipes;
- Our latest podcast, "Defining Clean Beauty," sponsored by Ingredion and featuring Richard Pietz of Kora Organics;
- Toothpolish's Chrom brand color cosmetic for teeth;
- Rina Singh, Ph.D.'s, addition to ASTM International’s board of directors; and
- Rodan + Fields' line of acne products for adults and teens.
Plus, our Product Pick of the week and a Cosmetics & Toiletries reader announcement: The March issue is here. Subscribe for free and check it out!