in-cosmetics North America is returning to New York City October 23-24, 2019.
The event’s free education program returns with a lineup of industry experts speaking on the hottest topics during the Marketing Trends Theater Sessions and Technical Seminars.
The Marketing Trends program will shine a spotlight on everything from designing cosmetics based on macrotrend influences to skin care consumer trends. Programming includes:
- Adam Miron, co-founder and chief brand officer at HEXO, will explore CBD and the factors driving consumer interest in the CBD cosmetics space
- Denise Herich, co-founder and managing partner of The Benchmarking Company, will take a look at consumer behaviors in the U.S., reviewing skin care trends through the eyes of customers with a focus on consumer intelligence and feedback
- Mintel global skin care analyst David Tyrell, Ph.D., will tackle sun care, revealing new and evolving themes expected to propel engagement and sales
- Kayla Villena, senior analyst, beauty and fashion at Euromonitor International will answer the question “where do consumers shop for beauty?,” offering detailed consumer insights such as distribution trends to help brands refine their retail strategy
- Sarah Jindal, senior innovation and insights analyst, beauty and personal care at Mintel will present a session on the future of retail, focusing on three main pillars within retail—the evolution of consumer interaction and relationship building; digital and smart technology; and the zero-waste lifestyle shift—and how they expect to play out across regions
- Neuroscientist and mind-body expert Claudia Aguirre, Ph.D., will illustrate the links between cosmetics behavior, social cognition and reality perception in “Make Up Your Mind: Emotions and Cognition in the Age of Virtual Beauty”
The Technical Seminars will take a look at the practical and technical elements of new product development. They will include:
- Brittany Pease, applications chemist at INOLEX, examining formulating high performance naturals, highlighting natural preservative and silicone alternatives, as well as innovative technologies that deliver on key product claims and benefits that consumers seek
- Annika Leschner, senior global sales and marketing manager, cosmetics & personal care at Bitop, will present on blue light, pollution and UV: how a natural molecule fights urban skin stress; she will discuss extremolytes (natural, effective stress protection actives) and their anti-aging, repairing and protecting benefits
- Lipotec senior account manager Zoia Lascu will present a technical seminar on the Stevisse advance botanical ingredient, a stevia-leaf based extract developed through Phenobio subcritical water technology
Also on the itinerary: The Formulation Lab and Formulation Challenge; the Innovation Zone, including the popular Mintel Live Demonstrations; the Sensory Bar and Make-Up Bar; and the Fast Track Marketing: Technology Tours and Indie Trail and Tour.
“With such an exciting and diverse program of events, speakers, tour and exhibitors, I couldn’t be more excited to open the doors to in-cosmetics North America this October,” said event director Daniel Zanetti. “There has never been a more pertinent time for industry professionals and brands of all sizes to take the opportunity to learn, network and experience the latest ingredients, products and services that the market has to offer. in-cosmetics North America 2019 is proud to support the industry by offering this and more under one roof, totally free of charge, so we’re eagerly anticipating welcoming everyone to New York this October.”