China Beauty Expo (CBE), BolognaFiere and Informa Markets have announced a change in dates for the debut of Cosmoprof CBE ASEAN, which will now take place from December 14 to December 16, 2020 at the IMPACT Convention and Exhibition Center in Bangkok, Thailand. The event was initially scheduled for September 17 through September 19, 2020, but organizers have moved to postpone the event amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thailand has announced the fourth phase easing of lockdown measures as of June 15, 2020, which includes more reopening of businesses, such as organization of meetings, trade fairs and events at hotels, as well as convention and exhibition centers.
Nevertheless, in view of the fact that many neighboring countries have not reached similar levels of stability yet, the organizers have made the decision to postpone the event. The revised dates will allow more time for normality to return to the marketplace, travel restrictions to be eased and provide all-around better conditions for exhibitors and visitors to engage.
The organizing team, along with the support of the Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) and the venue operator, has outlined an extensive standard operating procedure (SOP) under CCSA‘s (The Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration) guidelines to provide an optimally secure and safe environment to hold this event effectively in December 2020.
In the meanwhile, and leading up to the December event, the Cosmoprof CBE ASEAN team will continue to engage its constituents with digital marketing campaigns:
- “Don’t Stop Beauty” Campaign
- Following the outbreak of COVID-19, production lines have been rapidly converted to increase the availability of gel hand sanitizers, creative fundraising campaigns have been developed and various activities are underway to provide support for those working on the front lines in hospitals and other facilities.
- At Cosmoprof CBE ASEAN, the #dontstopbeauty social campaign will continue to collect stories from businesses in the sector to highlight exhibitors’ initiatives to support the community and their customers.
- Cosmotalks–The Virtual Series
- A new project with online webinars aiming to keep individuals updated on the latest beauty trends and post-crisis strategies.
- A calendar of topics ranging from, “How does the current outbreak affect the business model of the beauty industry?” to “What sort of changes should you apply to your business in order to survive?” has been planned to offer marketing ideas and inspirations for beauty businesses.
- More webinars will be organized in the coming months with international agencies, media and partners to share the most innovative trends and marketing ideas in the region.