The Personal Care and Homecare Ingredients (PCHi) show came to a close following a three-day run March 24-26, 2021 at the Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center in China. It served as the industry’s first on-site event in China since the pandemic.
More than 26,000 trade professionals gathered for presentations by 665 exhibitors representing 30 countries and regions. In addition, more than 200 conference sessions, presentations and events were held at the various platforms scattered throughout the venue.
A theme at this event was clean beauty with sustainable innovations and green cosmetics concepts spotted throughout the show. Topics such as TCM herbal extracts in cosmetics and functional skin care also garnered a lot of interest as well.
Companies put forth formulation ideas that specifically address post-COVID personal care needs, including an improved foaming alcohol-based hand sanitizer and transfer-proof color cosmetics.
For those unable to attend in-person, there were virtual platforms through the PCHi Guided Tour Live Broadcast and International Hybrid Networking Zone.
Global audiences had the opportunity to explore the show ground live virtually, and exhibitors based outside of China were able to connect with domestic visitors through the networking platform.
This year, PCHi received a record number of nominations with more than 171 products and 14 formulators across the 13 award categories.
The winners of the PCHi Fountain Awards 2021 are:
- BASF (China) Co. Ltd - Hydagen Aquaporin
- Shanghai Coachchem Technology Co. Ltd. - Anallerg Proyouth
- Ichimaru Pharcos Co., Ltd - SpringMint
- IFF - Lucas Meyer Cosmetics - Inst’Tight
- Givaudan - B Lightyl
- DSM Vitamins (Shanghai) Ltd. - Alpaflor Alp-Sebum CB
- Shanghai JAKA Biotech Co., LTD. - Urbluray MS
- Exsymol SAM - Scutaline
Skin Barrier Repair
- Evonik Specialty Chemicals (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.- Bodyflux Olive
- BASF (China) Co. Ltd - Inolixir
- BASF (China) Co. Ltd - Sacred Patch
- Gattefosse - Emulium Dolcea MB
Hair Care/Scalp Care
- Clariant Chemicals (China) Ltd - EquiScalp
- Shanghai JAKA Biotech Co. LTD. - Hairdian AP
- Nutri-woods Holdings Corporation - Vernix-Care
Non-ingredient Product and Technology
- Guangzhou Antsci Instrument Co.,Ltd - Antsci Skin-SP
Best Newcomers Award
- Angel Yeast Co., Ltd.- Mr Peng Ning
- Bloomage Biotechnology Corp., Ltd. - Mr LU Zhen
Outstanding Individual of the Year Award
- Bloomage Biotechnology Corp., Ltd. - Ms SHI Yanli
Tony Clemson, deputy director of innovation and industry at the British Embassy’s Department for International Trade China, said, “I think it’s fantastic that we can meet face-to-face at an on-site event here in Shenzhen. There are not many places in the world where we can do this right now, but PCHi has managed to stage an excellent large-scale event in a safe, controlled environment. Our member companies are presenting various innovations that address sustainable development and green initiatives, and we are seeing a lot of interest for such products. It has been a very exciting few hours since the doors opened, and we’re confident this will be a successful participation for us.”