Product releases tailored to specific skin needs proved to be popular with skin care consumers during September 2018.
According to Tribe Dynamics, Caudalie and Foreo appeared in the top 10 skin care brands with the most Earned Media Value (EMV) for the first time in 2018, thanks to products boasting specific skin care benefits. The companies saw 18% and 74% month-over-month growth, respectively, and reached $1.9 million EMV each.
In August 2018, Caudalie launched its Vinopure line, meant for combination and oily skin, while Foreo debuted its Luna fofo, an artificial intelligence-enabled cleanser that analyzes skin type and develops a personalized cleansing routine.
Top 10 Skin Care Brands
- Tatcha grew 79% YoY to reach $6.3 million
- Glamglow decreased 2% YoY to reach $3.7 million
- Lush decreased 29% YoY to reach $2.97 million
- Farsáli decreased 16% YoY to reach $2.94 million
- Drunk Elephant grew 355% YoY to reach $2.9 million
- Olay grew 180% YoY to reach $2.6 million
- Loving Tan decreased 21% to reach $2.1 million
- Fresh grew 51% YoY to reach $1.99 million
- Foreo grew 138% YoY to reach $1.9 million
- Caudalie decreased 10% YoY to reach $1.8 million