Consumers have high expectations for their hair care. No longer is cleansing and conditioning enough; they want more. According to Kline's Amalgam reporting, benefits such as hair hydration, scalp treatments and fuller hair are on the rise.
In fact, in a recent blog, Kline reported products focused on delivering intense moisture and hydration accounted for more than 55 of the top 600 hair care treatments as of summer 2018.
Top hydration-focused products included:
- Aussie 3-Minute Miracle Moist;
- Smooth Viking Hydrating Fiber Cream;
- Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal Shampoo;
- Dove Daily Moisture Shampoo;
- Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisture Conditioner; and
- Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner.
Hair thickening was highlighted as well; such as Bumble and bumble’s Thickening Shampoo and Thickening Full Form Mousse products; and Pura d’Or's Hair Thinning Therapy Conditioner.