Research found that seven in 10, or 69%, of consumers agreed that daily use of cosmeceuticals can prevent sensitivity. Conversely, more than two in five (44%) say that they only look to cosmeceuticals when they are suffering from skin conditions.
Additional findings include:
- Up to three in four, or 74%, of urban Chinese consumers agree that its essential for cosmeceuticals to contain effective ingredients
- Three in five (60%) believe cosmeceuticals formulated with fewer ingredients are safe
- 56% of men have purchased facial masks that include collagen within the last six months; 58% of women did the same
- Ingredients with significant penetration rates among men include essential oils (40% of men, 33% of women), vitamin (34% vs. 32%) and amino acid (32% compared to 35%)
- More than half of urban Chinese consumers (55%) say they believe that a product is high quality if it has precise data to support it or if authorized by a professional institute (53%)