Natural ingredients in cosmetic products are becoming more mainstream with each passing day. Denver-based market research company, GutCheck, recently examined the natural trend with the hopes of better understanding how consumers view these products, specifically foundation.
The company compiled its findings into a report titled, "Natural and Premium Foundation: Agile Attitudes & Usage Study." The report takes a closer look at how women define the terms "natural" and "premium" when it comes to foundation to better ascertain the top differentiators of natural foundations.
Key Findings in the Report
- Over 50% of consumers buy foundation because it feels lightweight, is easy to apply and is the right color for their skin
- 52% define premium foundation as making their skin look flawless
- 45% define natural foundation as using organic ingredients and being eco-friendly
- 26% buy foundation because it is from a natural brand (this is not one of the biggest reasons women choose natural foundation)
- 25% of consumers whose favorite foundation is from a natural brand said they don't care about buying foundation from natural brands
For the full report please visit: www.gutcheckit.com