A recent survey from CeraVe found that during the cold, long winter season roughly 65% of Americans believe January is one of the months when their skin is at its worst.
In honor of Winter Skin Relief Day, on January 8, CeraVe's Winter Skin Relief Day survey, conducted online by Harris Poll, asked more than 2,000 U.S. adults how they really feel about dry skin during winter.
- 42% of Americans said having dry skin in the winter is one of the things they dislike most, while 37% said going to the DMV and 32% said filing taxes.
- 25% of Americans admit to neglecting a skin care routine.
- 15% admit to never moisturizing their skin at all, while 30% moisturize less than once a week.
- 34% add moisturizer to their skin care routine in the wintertime.
- 57% of Americans feel healthy skin is more important than staying up-to-date on social media.
- 23% would be willing to move to another climate if it promised healthier skin.
- 18% would be willing to give up their favorite food for the duration of winter if it meant not having dry skin for the season.