Testing A New Platform for Skin Care Emulsions
By: Anja Gestmann, Valerie Bonnardel and Jocelyne Milliere, National Starch Personal Care
Posted: May 6, 2003, from the September 2002 issue of Cosmetics & Toiletries.
Excerpt only Purchase This Article
7 pages available as a PDF download or printed copies mailed to you
- skin care formulations strategies
- skin care
- platform technology
- starch phosphate
Starting at US$9 Buy This Article
A whole series of emulsion platform technologies are available to skin care formulators. To gain acceptance, a novel emulsion platform technology would ideally maximize these features.
- Flexibility in use;
- Compatibility with other ingredients;
- Viability throughout a broad pH range;
- Viability throughout a wide temperature range;
- Rheology modification and co-emulsification under a wide range of formulation and product conditions;
- A pleasing skin feel.
This is only an excerpt of the full article that appeared in Cosmetics & Toiletries, but you can purchase the full-text version.