Most Popular in Testing
- In vivo Delivery Confirmation: Measuring the Deposition of Salicylic Acid from Anti-acne Face Wash
- Phthalates Study Raises More Concerns, ‘But Who Cares?’
- Wet Skin Factor for Sunscreens: An In vitro Method, Part I
- Wet Skin Factor for Sunscreens: An In vitro Method, Part II
- 'Zapping' Sensitive Skin: Capsaicin Tests Show Embelia concinna Comforts Irritation
- Evaluating 1,3-Propanediol for Potential Skin Effects
- How to Prove 'Rub-resistant' Sun Protection
- VIDEO: P&G Scientists on Claims Substantiation in Anti-dandruff Care
- Nonreactive Paths to Internal Changes: Modifying Hair’s Structure from the Inside, Part 2
- Heat Protection Getting Warmer: Specialty Silicones for Hair
Recent in Testing (page 4 of 32)
Aug 26, 2015
By measuring the non-conscious consumer response to products, concepts and before/after results, it is possible to make decisions for product development and marketing, as well as develop product claims. These possibilities are discussed in this three-part series, as are two case studies.
Aug 25, 2015
Temporary tattoos are all the rage—from rub-on kid party give-aways, to serious airbrush art and at-home kits "made to last." However, one type of temporary tattoo making infamous headlines is "black henna," especially in the eyes of the British Skin Foundation.
Aug 24, 2015
DSM’s new research findings confirmed the efficiency in even skin tone application from the ingredient, ReguScence.
Aug 20, 2015
The Fraunhofer Institute for Interfacial Engineering and Biotechnology IGB, in Stuttgart, Germany, recently highlighted the work of scientist Gabriele Beck-Schwadorf and her team, who developed a new method based on mass to identify nanoparticles in media such as sunscreens.
Jul 29, 2015
The SCCS is allowing the cosmetic industry to continue using the high-performing and easy-to-formulate active ingredient used to even skin tones.
Jul 20, 2015
To work against sagging and aging, Lipotec performed a new in vivo test on Uplevity peptide.
Jul 15, 2015
The Antarcticine marine ingredient is Lipotec’s latest in vivo study, which proved its efficacy to fight cold weather and wrinkles.
Jul 1, 2015
A recent internal study proved nitric oxide is safe to reduce acne when lowering inflammation and killing microorganisms.
Jun 24, 2015
This paper examines a tannin-enriched Terminalia chebula extract. Discussed are its mechanisms for preventative and restorative anti-aging effects, and skin pigmentation control. A pilot clinical study further confirms the extract’s bioactivity to reduce wrinkles and pigmentation. Improvements in yellowish skin tones also were observed, likely due to glycation reversal.
Jun 19, 2015
In relation, in his Ph.D. thesis, Josu López, researcher, developed and applied three “green” analytical methods to simultaneously analyze and quantify various components used in cosmetics.
Jun 11, 2015
Kemin reported new in vitro studies confirm the blue-light-absorbing capacity of its marigold-derived FloraGLO Lutein Topical product.
Jun 4, 2015
Heat treatments are among the more popular methods for achieving straight hair, yet their high temperatures are quite damaging to the hair’s structures. Learn about the damaging effects and suggested solutions for repairing heat-damaged hair.