Most Popular in Testing
- Heat Protection Getting Warmer: Specialty Silicones for Hair
- Nonreactive Paths to Internal Changes: Modifying Hair’s Structure from the Inside, Part 2
- Testing and Developing a Sugar-derived Surfactant Blend for Delicate Skin
- Evaluating the Physiochemical Properties of Emollient Esters for Cosmetic Use
- Evaluating 1,3-Propanediol for Potential Skin Effects
- VIDEO: P&G Scientists on Claims Substantiation in Anti-dandruff Care
- Modifying Hair’s Structure From the Inside
- Measuring Hair Strength, Part I: Stress-Strain Curves
- Zeta Potential and Particle Size to Predict Emulsion Stability
- 'Zapping' Sensitive Skin: Capsaicin Tests Show Embelia concinna Comforts Irritation
Recent in Testing (page 4 of 32)
Jul 20, 2015
To work against sagging and aging, Lipotec performed a new in vivo test on Uplevity peptide.
Jul 15, 2015
The Antarcticine marine ingredient is Lipotec’s latest in vivo study, which proved its efficacy to fight cold weather and wrinkles.
Jul 1, 2015
A recent internal study proved nitric oxide is safe to reduce acne when lowering inflammation and killing microorganisms.
Jun 24, 2015
This paper examines a tannin-enriched Terminalia chebula extract. Discussed are its mechanisms for preventative and restorative anti-aging effects, and skin pigmentation control. A pilot clinical study further confirms the extract’s bioactivity to reduce wrinkles and pigmentation. Improvements in yellowish skin tones also were observed, likely due to glycation reversal.
Jun 19, 2015
In relation, in his Ph.D. thesis, Josu López, researcher, developed and applied three “green” analytical methods to simultaneously analyze and quantify various components used in cosmetics.
Jun 11, 2015
Kemin reported new in vitro studies confirm the blue-light-absorbing capacity of its marigold-derived FloraGLO Lutein Topical product.
Jun 4, 2015
Heat treatments are among the more popular methods for achieving straight hair, yet their high temperatures are quite damaging to the hair’s structures. Learn about the damaging effects and suggested solutions for repairing heat-damaged hair.
Jun 3, 2015
It is of paramount importance for hair researchers to know the history of hair at the time of applying a treatment. The lack of such knowledge can create misleading results. Thus, a stress-strain test in both dry and wet states can provide a rapid means to check the reliability of the information collected, as is shown here.
May 29, 2015
The European Commission Directorate General for Health and Food Safety will hold a one-day conference in Brussels on June 1, 2015, to determine the criteria to identify endocrine disruptors and the European Food Safety Authority will participate.
May 13, 2015
This article reviews the characteristics and structure of hyaluronic acid (HA), then explores how multi-detector gel permeation/size exclusion chromatography (GPC/SEC) and microrheology techniques can be jointly applied to determine the structure-function relationships that support the successful inclusion of HA in cosmetic formulations. Experimental studies are provided to highlight the value of these techniques.
May 12, 2015
San Diego-based Organovo announced a partnership with cosmetics giant L'Oréal to develop 3D bioprinted skin tissue for the beauty product testing.
May 11, 2015
Legislator Wang Yu-min and the Taiwan Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) proposed a bill advocating the #BeCrueltyFree Taiwan campaign, which would ban the animal testing of cosmetics in Taiwan.
Can't find what you're looking for? Try searching, or looking through past issues.
Between The Covers Discover:
- Amino acid distribution and biochemistry
- Examination of strength and anti-breakage product claims
- Hair: growth cycle, heat protection, shine, and color intensity and retention
- Overview of shampoos and issues relating to surfactants
- Science of hair color including chemical reactions and formulations
- Ethnic differences in hair and absorption of materials
- Evaluate and quantify visual properties of hair
- Dandruff-Causes and biology of the condition
- Hair styling products and polymers
Click here to order your copy today.
Finally! This book offers practical approach to the formulation chemist’s day-to-day endeavors by: addressing the innumerable challenges facing the chemist both in design and at bench, such as formulating with/for specific properties; offering valuable “tips” to troubleshooting issues regarding ingredient selection and interaction, regulatory concerns that must be addressed early in development, and the extrapolation of preservative systems; exploring the advantages and limitations of raw materials; addressing scale-up and pilot production process and concerns; and much more.Order your copy today.