Build a solid foundation in science, formulation and product development—find out more!
Most Popular in:
Stable O/W Nanoemulsions for Skin and Other Topics: Literature Findings
By: Charles Fox, Independent Consultant
Posted: February 26, 2010, from the March 2010 issue of Cosmetics & Toiletries.
- Formula 1. Skin protection composition1
- Formula 2. Cream for correcting skin irregularities3
- Formula 3. Shampoo for blonde-colored hair5
- Formula 4. Hair styling emulsion6
- Formula 5. Hair dye7
- Formula 6. Antiperspirant9
- Formula 7. Sprayable Antiperspirant/deodorant10
- Formula 8. Stabilized UVA sunscreen11
- Formula 9. Allaying pollen allergies15
- Formula 10. Dry personal care composition16
page 6 of 6
A nanoemulsion containing: 0.3% ethoxylated hydrogenated castor oilj, 0.2% tripropylene glycol dineopentanoate, 0.01% PEG-20 glyceryl isostearatek, 0.2% pentaerythritol-POE-POP copolymer tetra-Me ether and 1.0% of the disclosed o/w microemulsion composition showed a particle size of 48 nm and good stability after storage at RT for one month.
Reproduction of the article without expressed consent is strictly prohibited.
Send e-mail to CT_author@allured.com.
1. FR 2,926,991, Cosmetic composition to protect skin and/or its superficial body growths against the effects of oxidative stress, L’Oréal, France (Aug 7, 2009)
2. DE 102,008,008,540, Ellagic acid-containing skin care preparation for soothing stressed and irritated skin, Beiersdorf AG, Germany (Aug 13, 2009)
3. WO 2009 98,839, Cosmetic preparation for concealing irregularities, Shiseido Co Ltd, Japan (Aug 13, 2009)
4. WO 2009 99,192, Skin whitening agents comprising pyrazolylpyrimidine derivatives, Shiseido Company Ltd, Japan (Aug 13, 2009) 5. DE 102,008,005,411, New surfactant-containing hair care preparation for protecting blond colored hair from dye removal during washing, Beiersdorf AG, Germany (Jul 30, 2009)
6. JP 2009 173,601, Emulsion-type hair-dressing preparation, Shiseido Co Ltd, Japan (Aug 6, 2009)
7. FR 2,926,987, Hair dye composition containing 3-amino-2-methylamino 6-methoxypyridine, another oxidation dye, and a quaternary diammonium polycondensate, L’Oréal, France (Aug 7, 2009)
8. WO 2009 95,808, A cosmetic composition, L’Oréal, France (Aug 6, 2009)
9. FR 2,926,978, Deodorant and/or antiperspirant composition containing interferential microparticles; process for makeup and treatment of perspiration and/or body odors in particular axillary odors, L’Oréal, France (Aug 7, 2009)
10. DE 102,008,008,780, Porous polyamide particle-containing deodorants and/or antiperspirants with improved fragrance effect and odor absorption, Henkel AG & Co KGaA, Germany (Aug 13, 2009)
11. WO 2009 98,139, Cosmetic composition containing a dibenzoylmethane derivative and a neutral N-acylamino acid ester derivative; Process for photostabilizing the dibenzoylmethane derivative, L’Oréal, France (Aug 13, 2009)
12. JP 2009 173,613, Aerosol compositions which form foams generating popping sound, Daizo Co Ltd, Japan (Aug 6, 2009)
13. WO 2009 95,197, Cosmetic and dermatological compositions containing phosphoric acid esters and hydrophobically modified cross-linked anionic polymers, Clariant International Ltd, Switzerland (Aug 6, 2009)
14. WO 2009 91,622, Method to enhance aqueous solubility of poorly soluble actives using methoxypolyethylene glycol, Dow Global Technologies Inc, USA (Jul 23, 2009)
15. EP 2,082,733, Use of lipid components in pharmaceutical and cosmetic topical formulations against pollen allergies, Beiersdorf AG, Germany (Jul 29, 2009)
16. WO 2009 95,891, Personal care composition in the form of a flexible, porous, dissolvable solid structure, The Procter & Gamble Company, USA (Aug 6, 2009)
17. WO 2009 95,351, Moisturizing liquid liner for barrier layer, Evonik Goldschmidt GmbH, Germany (Aug 6, 2009)
18. JP 2009 179,584, Oil-in-water nanoemulsions containing polyalkylene glycol dineopentanoates with excellent stability and skin application properties and their manufacture, Shiseido Co Ltd, Japan (Aug 13, 2009)