Build a solid foundation in science, formulation and product development—find out more!
Most Popular in:
Instant/Gradual Self Tanning and Other Topics: Literature Findings
By: Charles Fox, Independent Consultant
Posted: February 1, 2010, from the February 2010 issue of Cosmetics & Toiletries.
page 4 of 4
where R1,2 = C10-22 saturated or unsaturated linear or branched hydrocarbyl and n = 20-100. To complete the composition, the nonpolar oils and ethers are combined with polar oils selected from amino-modified silicones and higher fatty acid esters and water. An example of a hair cream is shown in Formula 8. The preparation showed no phase separation after one month at 50°C and gave a moist and smooth feel to the hair.
Moisturizing treatment for barrier improvement: Evonik Degussa Corp. has disclosed a moisturizing liquid liner for barrier layer improvement comprising a hydrophobic moiety and an emulsifier.18 Further, a substrate comprising a barrier layer and the moisturizing liquid liner is described. The substrate may be incorporated into an article. An example is shown in Formula 9. Nitrile gloves treated with this composition provided an increase in hand moisturization as compared with untreated gloves.
Reproduction of the article without expressed consent is strictly prohibited.
Send e-mail to CT_author@allured.com.
1. US 2009 155,325, Formulation and products for promoting skin cleanliness and health, Kimberly-Clark Worldwide Inc, USA (Jun 18, 2009)
2. JP 2009 161,458, Ascorbic acid uptake-promoting agents containing brown algae extracts and compositions containing brown algae extracts and ascorbic acids, Rohto Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Japan (Jul 23, 2009)
3. KR 2009 78,082, Cosmetic composition containing vitamin C and extract of Opuntia ficus-indica flowers, The Face Shop Korea Co, Ltd, S. Korea (Jul 17, 2009)
4. IB Allemann et al, Hyaluronic acid gel (Juvederm) preparations in the treatment of facial wrinkles and folds, Clinical Interventions in Aging 3(4) 629—634 (2008)
5. WO 2009 90,114, Pulverulent compositions for the shaping and lustering of keratin fibers containing particulate hydrophobized metal oxide, Henkel AG & Co, KGaA, Germany (Jul 23, 2009)
6. EP 2,082,727, Hair spray with especially high longevity containing a film-forming copolymer, Beiersdorf AG, Germany (Jul 29, 2009)
7. WO 2009 92,750, Hair relaxing composition and kit including emulsified particles of amino functional silicone, Unilever PLC; Unilever N.V.; Hindustan Unilever Ltd, UK (Jul 30, 2009)
8. WO 2009 93,677, Emulsion-type hair-dressing preparation, Shiseido Co, Ltd, Japan (Jul 30, 2009)
9. JP 2009 173,586, Shampoos containing branched fatty acids with improved hair-conditioning properties, Kao Corp, Japan (Aug 6, 2009)
10. FR 2,926,989, Cosmetic composition containing a vinylformamide-vinylformamine copolymer and an ionic or nonionic polymer for the treatment of hair, L’Oréal, France (Aug 7, 2009)
11. FR 2,926,983, Oxidative hair dye composition including 3-amino-2-methylamino-6-methoxypyridine, another oxidation dye and a polyol, L’Oréal, France (Aug 7, 2009)
12. JP 2009 173,602, Nonsticky emulsified hair-styling preparations with good spreadability, smooth texture, and no squeaky feel, Shiseido Co, Ltd, Japan (Aug 6, 2009)
13. WO 2009 74,407, Encapsulated coloring agents to impart a healthy skin appearance. Unilever PLC; Unilever NV; Hindustan Unilever Ltd, UK 14. WO 2009 74,960, Cosmetic composition containing an organopolysiloxane elastomer and a paste-like compound, L’Oréal, France (Jun 18, 2009)
15. WO 2009 74,359, Self-tanning effects, Unilever PLC; Unilever NV; Hindustan Unilever Ltd, UK (Jun 18, 2009)
16. JP 2009 173,573, Grease-proof cosmetics containing interference color-producing platy composite powders and spherical composite powder, Shiseido Co, Ltd, Japan (Aug 6, 2009)
17. JP 2009 179,588, Oil-in-water emulsion cosmetics containing nonpolar oils with excellent appearance, stability, and applicability, Hoyu Co, Ltd, Japan (Aug 13, 2009)
18. US 2009 191,285, Moisturizing liquid liner for barrier layer, Evonik Degussa Corp, USA (Jul 30, 2009)