Build a solid foundation in science, formulation and product development—find out more!
Most Popular in:
Consumer Perspective: Achieving an Even Skin Tone
By: Katerina Steventon, PhD, FaceWorkshops
Posted: February 2, 2012, from the February 2012 issue of Cosmetics & Toiletries.
page 3 of 3
As for the actives used, consumers are divided on preferences of their sources. Consumers looking for an instant result prefer pharmaceutical actives in high concentrations. Others favor natural ingredients that are sustainably sourced, as aging to them is a natural process and they do not have serious skin concerns.10
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. PJ Matts, New insights into skin appearance and measurement, J Invest Dermatol Symp Proc 13(1) 6–9 (2008)
2. PJ Matts, B Fink, K Grammer and M Burquest, Color homogeneity and visual perception of age, health, and attractiveness of female facial skin, J Am Acad Dermatol 57(6) 977–984 (2007)
3. Defining issues: Changing the tone of skin science, Procter & Gamble, available at www.pgbeautygroomingscience.com/defining-issues-skintone.html (Accessed Dec 30, 2011)
4. DL Robinson et al, Reduction in the appearance of facial hyperpigmentation by topical N-acetyl glucosamine, J Cosmet Dermatol 6(1) 20–26 (2007)
5. AB Kimball et al, Reduction in the appearance of facial hyperpigmentation after use of moisturizers with a combination of topical niacinamide and N-acetyl glucosamine: Results of a randomized, double-blind, vehicle-controlled trial, Br J Dermatol 162(2) 435–441 (2010)
6. T Hakozaki et al, The effect of niacinamide on reducing cutaneous pigmentation and suppression of melanosome transfer, Br J Dermatol 147(1) 20–31 (2002)
7. 21 CFR Part 310, US FDA, Federal Register, available at www.fda.gov/OHRMS/DOCKETS/98fr/E6-14263.htm (Accessed Dec 30, 2011)
8. J Tiedke et al, Citroflavonoid anti-ageing complex fades age spots and gives skin tone a youthful citrus boost, Cosmetic Science Technology 13–17 (2011)
9. C Broomhead, Forever young: The holy grail of cosmetics, presentation, SCS Formulate 46 (2011)
10. P Kondhia, Estée Lauder launches anti-aging cream specifically targeting European women, available at www.cosmeticsdesign-europe.com/Market-Trends/Estee-Lauder-launches-anti-ageing-cream- specifically-targeting-European-women (Accessed Dec 30, 2011)