Build a solid foundation in science, formulation and product development—find out more!
Most Popular in:
REACH Update: New Facts from ECHA and Other Parties
Posted: August 11, 2008
page 2 of 3
The December 2007 "REACH Update: Responsibilities for Manufacturers of Cosmetic Ingredients" addressed prohibiting animal tests on ingredients for personal care products by March 2009. In addition to the SIEF procedures, in July 2008, ECHA established a consultation page on its Web site as requested in Article 40 of the REACH regulation. All proposals in registration dossiers on further tests involving vertebrate animals will be published on the ECHA Web site before the testing is carried out. Third parties have 45 days to submit scientifically valid information and studies related to the testing proposal. Questions can be directed to ECHA's helpdesk.
• Bulk pre-registrations are possible since July 22
• A draft issue of the Annexes IV & V is now available
• Natural polymers and their monomers are exempt from registration
• For obtaining information on existing consortia, European industry trade organizations have to be contacted directly
• In July 2008 the ECHA introduced third-party consultation for registration dossiers’ test proposals involving vertebrate animals
Further questions? Go to C&T magazine online's REACH Round Table
Links & further useful information:
New Guidance Documents