Build a solid foundation in science, formulation and product development—find out more!
Most Popular in:
Comparatively Speaking: Cosmetic Labeling in the United States
By: Anthony J. O'Lenick, Jr., Siltech LLC
Posted: May 18, 2010
page 2 of 2
To ensure that the ingredient list is readable, the FDA requires the font size to be no smaller than one-sixteenth (1/16) of an inch unless the packaging is small, in which case the font can be one-thirty-second (1/32) of an inch.
Products sold in the United States must list ingredients in English.
Additional Information to Include
1. Name of the product (e.g. shampoo, lipstick, eye shadow);
2. Name of manufacturer or distributor;
3. Address of manufacturer including city and zip code;
4. Net contents in container; and
5. Warning statements if required.