Personal Care and Homecare Ingredients (PCHi) 2011 reported a record attendance for 2011. The three-day event, organized by Reed Sinopharm Exhibitions (RSE), recorded 4,765 visitors and 243 exhibiting companies.
Of the 4,765 visitors that attended the on Feb. 22–24, 2011, at the Shenzhen Convention & Exhibition Centre, 4,196 visitors (88%) came from China, with the remaining 569 (12%) hailing from 33 other countries. Nearly half (2,063) of those attending the event were involved with R&D at their companies. According to Reed Sinopharm, the figures reflect PCHi’s strong position as the place to be for companies looking to break into the Chinese market.
The organizing company also reported that 71% of the 243 exhibiting companies have already re-booked for the next year’s event.
“We choose our partners very carefully, and PCHi provides a good platform for us to conduct our research of the exhibitors who could potentially be our partners. It is also a place for us to meet current suppliers and build on our existing relationships with them,” commented Wu Weiwei, scientist in the makeup lab at L’Oréal China.
In addition to the record attendence, Reed Sinopharm also announced their 2011 Booth Awards, which were voted on by industry media. This year’s winners are: Guangzhou Tinci Materials Technology Co., Ltd. for Busiest Booth, Dow Corning Company for Best Communications, Hangzhou Boffo Import & Export Co., Ltd. for Best Designed Shell Scheme and Innospec Ltd. Beijing Rep. Office for Best Designed Raw Scheme. These award winners will be honored at an awards ceremony at PCHi 2012, which will be held in Shanghai at the World Expo Theme Pavilion on Feb. 27–29, 2012.
“PCHi 2012 is in the very early stages of planning, but already it is drumming up excitement. We look forward to serving the industry even better come 2012. A few new elements were introduced at the recently concluded edition, and they have been successful. Our hope is to breathe even more fresh air into the next show, and see more regular exhibitors and visitors return to connect again at PCHi 2012,” concluded Daniel Chan, project director for PCHi.