Event Coverage Sponsored by
The New York chapter of the Society of Cosmetic Chemists (NYSCC) collaborated with the Chinese-American Cosmetic Professional Association (CACPA) to host the U.S.-China Cosmetic Regulatory Symposium on May 16, 2013, following Suppliers' Day 2013.
The symposium will have opening remarks from Eddy S. Mayen, director of the office of international business development and protocol for the New Jersey Business Action Center within the Department of State.
Then, officials from the China Food and Drug Administration (SFDA), industrial regulatory experts and U.S. government officials will present the latest information about regulations in China.
Bringing speakers from the Chinese government is a major accomplishment, made possible by the cooperation of the CACPA. Shao Yun of Kobo, Evelyn Su of Sino Lion and Charles Li of Zhongshi International Group were integral in creating the speaker lineup, which includes:
• GangliWang, PhD, deputy director of the Institute for Food & Cosmetics Control at the National Institute for Food and Drug Control
• Jin Cao, PhD, associate professor at the Institute for Food and Cosmetics Control at the National Institutes for Food and Drug Control
• Pengcheng Ma, Institute of Dermatology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences
• Yang Liu, China Association of Fragrance Flavor and Cosmetic Industries (CAFFCI)
• Rong Shao, China Pharmaceutical University Industrial View
• Simon Chan, Hong Kong Cosmetic Technical Resources Centre
• Jay Goldring, director of regulatory for L’Oréal
• Evelyn Su, PhD, Zhongshi International Group
• Lu Gan, Beijing ICJDC Ltd., Co.