Build a solid foundation in science, formulation and product development—find out more!
Most Popular in:
Aquaporins: Stimulation by Vitamins, Steroids and Sugar Alcohols
By: Bud Brewster, C&T magazine
Posted: October 30, 2008, from the November 2008 issue of Cosmetics & Toiletries.
page 5 of 5
Reproduction of all or part of this article is strictly prohibited.
Send e-mail to email@example.com.
1. B Brewster, Aquaporins: The one-molecule-at-a-time moisturizer, Cosmet Toil 123(5) 24–32 (2008)
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin (Accessed Sep 1, 2008)
3. US Pat Applic 20070009474, Personal care compositions and methods for the beautification of mammalian skin and hair, S Xie et al, assignedto The Procter & Gamble Company (Jan 11, 2007)
4. B Brewster, Aquaporins: Stimulating AQP3, Cosmet Toil 123(6) 20–26 (2008)
5. G Bellemère, O Von Stetten and T Oddos, Retinoic acid increases aquaporin 3 expression in normal human skin, J Invest Dermatol 128(3) 542–548 (2008)
6. X Song et al, Nicotinamide attenuates aquaporin 3 overexpression induced by retinoic acid through inhibition of EGFR/ERK in cultured human skin keratinocytes, Int J Mol Med 22(2) 229–236 (2008)
7. J Ågren, Water transport through perinatal skin: Barrier function and aquaporin water channels, a dissertation from the Faculty of Medicine, Uppsala University, Uppsala: Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis (2003)
8. US Pat 5,609,873, Use of an ecdysteroid for the preparation of cosmetic or dermatological compositions intended, in particular, for strengthening the water barrier function of the skin or for the preparation of a skin cell culture medium, as well as to the compositions, A Meybeck, F Bonte and G Redziniak, Assigned to LVMH Recherche (Mar 11, 1997)
9. US Pat 7,060,693, Ajuga turkestanica extract and its cosmetic uses, M Dumas, F Bonte and C Gondran, Assigned to LVMH Recherche (Jun 13, 2006)
10. B Brewster, Aquaporin-3: Regulating skin cell growth, Cosmet Toil 123(10) 22-27 (Jun 2008)
11. S Higuchi et al, Transcriptional regulation of aquaporin 3 by insulin, J Cell Biochem 102(4) 1051–1058 (2007)
12. WO/2007/124991, Cosmetic preparation with aquaporin stimulators and the use thereof, U Breitenbach et al, assigned to Beiersdorf AG (Nov 8, 2007)
13. EP0770378, Cosmetic preparations with an effective amount of glycosyl- glycerides, J Thiem, O Scheel and G Schneider, Assigned to Beiersdorf (Feb 5, 1997)
14. Y Sugiyama et al, Osmotic stress up-regulates aquaporin-3 gene expression in cultured human keratinocytes, Biochim Biophys Acta 1522(2) 82–88 (2001)