Build a solid foundation in science, formulation and product development—find out more!
Most Popular in:
Alban Muller Launches Online Plant Database
Posted: December 16, 2008
After over 3 years of work, the Alban Muller Group is launching the A.M.I. Encyclopedia, a database of plants exclusively for professionals in the cosmetics, food supplements and phytopharmacy industries. This bi-lingual (English, French) database is accessible on the Internet upon subscription (€350/yr), and has gathered 250 plants to start that have been studied and analysed by the group.
The A.M.I. Encyclopedia offers direct access to a volume of knowledge on the plant world. It brings together technical information on plants for cosmetic, phytotherapy and well-being food use, with a search engine specifically designed to meet all the needs of the professionals in the industry.
The database will grow monthly with newly added plants. This innovating tool was designed both to facilitate research for laboratories and development teams, and to help marketing departments find the best ingredients to create a product or range. In addition to its content, the A.M.I. Encyclopedia lies has also specifically-developed its search engine. It is easy and rapid in finding plants:
• By precise climate zone (altitude, arid, very cold, tropical, etc.),
• By habitat (desert, fresh water, scrubland, savannah, etc.),
• By morphological type (alga, tree, mushroom, climbing plant, etc.),
• By symbolism or legend;
As well as plant parts:
• Containing a given chemical compound (carbohydrates, protids, lipids, minerals, vitamins, organic acids, phenolic compounds, terpenoids, etc.),
• With a specific property (in cosmetics: moisturising, antioxidant, softening, etc.; in pharmacy: healing, anti-acne, analgesic, etc.; in food: leg comfort, relaxation, elimination, energy, etc.), etc.