Read the Label Online: Philosophy Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas SPF 15
Jan 7, 2014 | Contact Author | By: Susan Raffy, Susan Raffy Consulting
- Related Material
Philosophy Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas SPF 15
foundation | convertible pigments | conceal | zinc oxide | mineral makeup
Abstract: Philosophy Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas SPF 15 features “convertible” pigments that offer “buildable” coverage from light to heavy. Available in three shades, the foundation claims “to conceal, camouflage and protect” in an oil-free, talc-free and fragrance- free formula.
- The color cosmetics category seems to have a knack of bucking the trend in austerity-hit markets.
- As the ubiquity of the BB abbreviation increases, the popularity of BB products could unravel.
- The nail polish boom across markets seems set to continue in 2013, and could gain momentum well into the long term.
- In Brazil, nail products will almost certainly have leapfrogged lip products as the top-selling category by the end of 2013.
- The difference between China and its fellow BRICs is that its nail polish culture is still largely undeveloped. This points to an untapped opportunity over the longer term.
After the holidays have wreaked their havoc, many people strive to begin the new year with a new outlook and a flawless face. Philosophy's Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas SPF 15 features “convertible” pigments that offer “buildable” coverage from light to heavy. Available in three shades, the foundation claims “to conceal, camouflage and protect” in an oil-free, talc-free and fragrance- free formula. This column will review the ingredient listing for functionality and claims substantiation.
The active ingredient that provides SPF 15 coverage is zinc oxide. The pigments that provide coverage and skin tone are aluminum hydroxide (also referred to as hydrated alumina), bismuth oxychloride, mica, titanium dioxide (which also contributes to the SPF, but is not claimed as an active) and iron oxides.
The binding agent is triethoxycaprylylsilane, a lightweight silicone derivative. Silica helps keep the powder free-flowing and lightweight for the “silk to satin” finish. The preservatives are caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol and sodium dehydroacetate.
Similar to other mineral makeups in its composition, the ingredients in this product support the claims made for it.
Z-COTE LSA provides broad-spectrum protection from long wave UVA rays and medium wave UVB rays by physically scattering, reflecting and absorbing solar radiation.
- Zinc Oxide
- UVA Protection
- UVB Protection