Build a solid foundation in science, formulation and product development—find out more!
Most Popular in:
Consumer Perspective—Eye Care
By: Katerina Steventon, PhD, FaceWorkshops
Posted: October 1, 2012, from the October 2012 issue of Cosmetics & Toiletries.
page 3 of 3
The best eye care cannot change the mimetic pattern of facial expressions, nor can it influence gravitational forces. When launching new products, companies can achieve the best results by advocating holistic positive lifestyle changes, eye protection and specific application techniques—without rubbing, crinkling and folding the eye area.
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. N Etcoff, Survival of the prettiest: The Science of Beauty, Doubleday, New York, USA (1999)
2. MA Kane, Classification of crow’s feet patterns among Caucasian women: The key to individualizing treatment, Plast Reconstr Surg 112 S33–39 (2003)
3. N Samson, B Fink, PJ Matts, NC Dawes and S Weitz, Visible changes of female facial skin surface topography in relation to age and attractiveness perception, J Cosmet Dermatol 9(2) 79–88 (2010)
4. H Tagami, Location-related differences in structure and function of the stratum corneum with special emphasis on those of the facial skin, Intl J of Cos Sci 30(6) 413–434 (2008)
5. S Marrakchi and HI Maibach, Biophysical parameters of skin: Map of human face, regional and age-related differences, Contact Dermatitis 57(1) 28–34 (2007)
6. I Besné, C Descombes and L Breton, Effect of age and anatomical site on density of sensory innervation in human epidermis, Arch Dermatol 138(11) 1445–1450 (2002)
7. M Suppa et al, The determinants of periorbital skin ageing in participants of a melanoma case–control study in the UK, Br J Dermatol 165(5) 1011–1021 (2011)
8. AM Kligman, P Zheng and RM Lavker, The anatomy and pathogenesis of wrinkles, Br J Dermatol 113(1) 37–42 (1985)
9. K Tsukahara, S Moriwaki, M Hotta, T Fujimura and T Kitahara, A study of diurnal variation in wrinkles on the human face, Arch Dermatol Res 296(4) 169–174 (2004)
10. K Lintner et al, Puffy eyes: A multifactoral cosmetic problem, J Cosm Sci 55(2) 226–227 (2004) 11. K Fay, Anti-Aging Skincare-US-February 2012, Mintel Oxygen, http://oxygen.mintel.com/display/590180/ (Accessed Aug 16, 2012)