Most Popular in Formulating
- 50 Shades of Gray Forgotten: Kick Up Your Color Formulas
- Comparatively Speaking: Shampoo vs. Body Wash Formulation
- Formulating Facial Masks
- Straightening Hair Safely With Cystine and Without Formaldehyde
- Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropyl Sulfonate for Sulfate-free Formulations
- C&T Formulary: Hair Care
- Silicone Emulsifiers and Formulation Techniques for Stable, Aesthetic Products
- Keratolytic Treatments for Acne: A Review
- Inside Out: The Nutricosmetics Boom
- VIDEO: What New Finding has P&G Excited
Recent in Formulating (page 14 of 40)
Sep 1, 2015
Chemistry has afforded the world of beauty care a wealth of engineered ingredients that formulators have at their disposal to create products that enhance the lives of consumers.
Aug 26, 2015
The present article reviews traditional Indian color cosmetics, which are used still today, and considers their main ingredients. For example, kajal eye liner is marketed by most multinational brands in India and is regarded as a driver of sales for other products.
Aug 24, 2015
Delivery systems and ingredients in personal care were valued at US $345,287.3 thousand in 2014, and this ingredient category is expected to grow to $543,373.2 thousand by 2020.
Aug 4, 2015
Minasolve has introduced MinaCare Pentiol Green+, a corn cob, sugar cane bagasse based version of pentylene glycol.
Aug 3, 2015
Vantage Specialty Ingredients has introduced Lipomulse Eco Series, a new addition to their product line.
Jul 29, 2015
Solazyme, Inc. and BASF partnered in launching a high performance algal betaine—the first commercial surfactant derived from microalgae oil—for use in home and personal care applications.
BASF Introduces Cosmedia Ace – A New Multifunctional Liquid Dispersion Polymer for Emulsification, Thickening and Sensory Benefits in Skin Care
Jul 24, 2015
A new liquid dispersion polymer can help products achieve interesting textures and sensory cues in this market segment.
Jul 15, 2015
Symrise has launched a series of freshly pressed plant juices in its Actipone range for cosmetic applications.
Jul 7, 2015
The spray version of its Neo actuator has a sleek and ergonomic design with increased capacity.
Jul 7, 2015
Topline Products has developed a complete range of brushes, nearly 20 of which were on display at its stand at Make up in Paris.
Jul 6, 2015
A team of researchers developed a non-invasive technique using pulsed electric fields to stimulate the secretion of new collagen and capillaries in skin, generating new skin tissue growth.
Jul 2, 2015
Recent advances in silicones have been made to enable new sensory dimensions such as feather-light smoothness, in addition to heat protection, hair repair and lasting frizz control. As such, this article describes the main silicone types and reviews how they have advanced hair care.
Can't find what you're looking for? Try searching, or looking through past issues.
Between The Covers Discover:
- Amino acid distribution and biochemistry
- Examination of strength and anti-breakage product claims
- Hair: growth cycle, heat protection, shine, and color intensity and retention
- Overview of shampoos and issues relating to surfactants
- Science of hair color including chemical reactions and formulations
- Ethnic differences in hair and absorption of materials
- Evaluate and quantify visual properties of hair
- Dandruff-Causes and biology of the condition
- Hair styling products and polymers
Click here to order your copy today.
Finally! This book offers practical approach to the formulation chemist’s day-to-day endeavors by: addressing the innumerable challenges facing the chemist both in design and at bench, such as formulating with/for specific properties; offering valuable “tips” to troubleshooting issues regarding ingredient selection and interaction, regulatory concerns that must be addressed early in development, and the extrapolation of preservative systems; exploring the advantages and limitations of raw materials; addressing scale-up and pilot production process and concerns; and much more.Order your copy today.