Most Popular in Formulating
- Comparatively Speaking: Shampoo vs. Body Wash Formulation
- Straightening Hair Safely With Cystine and Without Formaldehyde
- Formulating Facial Masks
- W/O/W Technology to Enhance Organic UVA/UVB Sunscreen Performance
- Technology-driven Trends in Nail Polish Color and Texture
- Comparatively Speaking: Dimethicone vs. Simethicone
- Dermawhite(TM) WF is the newest skin brightening ingredient from BASF
- Silicones' Benefits in Antiaging Skin Care
- Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropyl Sulfonate for Sulfate-free Formulations
- Keratolytic Treatments for Acne: A Review
Recent in Formulating (page 5 of 9)
BASF Introduces Cosmedia Ace – A New Multifunctional Liquid Dispersion Polymer for Emulsification, Thickening and Sensory Benefits in Skin Care
Jul 24, 2015
A new liquid dispersion polymer can help products achieve interesting textures and sensory cues in this market segment.
Jul 15, 2015
Symrise has launched a series of freshly pressed plant juices in its Actipone range for cosmetic applications.
Jul 7, 2015
The spray version of its Neo actuator has a sleek and ergonomic design with increased capacity.
Jul 7, 2015
Topline Products has developed a complete range of brushes, nearly 20 of which were on display at its stand at Make up in Paris.
Jul 6, 2015
A team of researchers developed a non-invasive technique using pulsed electric fields to stimulate the secretion of new collagen and capillaries in skin, generating new skin tissue growth.
Jul 2, 2015
Recent advances in silicones have been made to enable new sensory dimensions such as feather-light smoothness, in addition to heat protection, hair repair and lasting frizz control. As such, this article describes the main silicone types and reviews how they have advanced hair care.
Jun 29, 2015
BASF created broad a portfolio of surfactants in various applications and products to present new possibilities at the CESIO's 10th World Surfactant Congress and Business Convention.
Jun 24, 2015
Ingredient supplier Olvea Vegetable Oils introduced three esters to impart new sensory benefits to personal care formulations.
Jun 24, 2015
Coast Southwest launched a new alternative to polyvinyl pyrrolidone and polyvinyl alcohol—polyethyloxazoline—for hair care applications.
Jun 22, 2015
Evonik Industries is introducing new hydrogen peroxide and peracetic acid grades for drug, medical products and cosmetics manufacturers.
Jun 21, 2015
The performance of BASF Luviset polymers provide individual care that’s right for various hair types.
Jun 19, 2015
According to Rachel Brem, geneticist and associate professor at the Buck Institute for Research on Aging, in Novato, California, an estimated 10% to 20% of the population will suffer from chronic itch at some point in their life.
Between The Covers Discover:
- Amino acid distribution and biochemistry
- Examination of strength and anti-breakage product claims
- Hair: growth cycle, heat protection, shine, and color intensity and retention
- Overview of shampoos and issues relating to surfactants
- Science of hair color including chemical reactions and formulations
- Ethnic differences in hair and absorption of materials
- Evaluate and quantify visual properties of hair
- Dandruff-Causes and biology of the condition
- Hair styling products and polymers
Click here to order your copy today.
Finally! This book offers practical approach to the formulation chemist’s day-to-day endeavors by: addressing the innumerable challenges facing the chemist both in design and at bench, such as formulating with/for specific properties; offering valuable “tips” to troubleshooting issues regarding ingredient selection and interaction, regulatory concerns that must be addressed early in development, and the extrapolation of preservative systems; exploring the advantages and limitations of raw materials; addressing scale-up and pilot production process and concerns; and much more.Order your copy today.