Most Popular in Formulating
- Comparatively Speaking: Shampoo vs. Body Wash Formulation
- Straightening Hair Safely With Cystine and Without Formaldehyde
- Formulating Facial Masks
- W/O/W Technology to Enhance Organic UVA/UVB Sunscreen Performance
- Technology-driven Trends in Nail Polish Color and Texture
- Comparatively Speaking: Dimethicone vs. Simethicone
- Dermawhite(TM) WF is the newest skin brightening ingredient from BASF
- Silicones' Benefits in Antiaging Skin Care
- Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropyl Sulfonate for Sulfate-free Formulations
- Keratolytic Treatments for Acne: A Review
Recent in Formulating (page 7 of 9)
Missed NYSCC Suppliers' Day? Discover How AminoVector Delivers Amino Acids Faster, Deeper into Skin and Hair
May 19, 2015
SEPPIC has created the AminoVector ingredient family to deliver amino acids deeper and faster to the cell level in skin and hair, achieving optimal efficacy.
May 15, 2015
Brevena Laboratories, LLC, launched a range of products featuring a beta glucan-based ingredient.
May 13, 2015
Gelest, Inc. introduced its Sericite B SS ingredient-alternative to boron nitride for imparting lubricity, brightness and feel to personal care products.
May 12, 2015
BASF launched three new cosmetic products at the 2015 New York Society of Cosmetic Chemists (NYSCC) Suppliers’ Day: Emulgade® Sucro Plus, Collrepair™ DG and Chione™ Celestial Gold.
May 6, 2015
SevenScent releases top trends.
May 6, 2015
Seppic's Ceramosides HP is a natural active ingredient that benefits the skin's pores and, in low doses, visibly improves skin texture.
May 6, 2015
Brighlette marine ingredient is a brightening active designed to even the skin tone for a fair and radiant complexion.
May 5, 2015
Croda will manufacture sustainable non-ionic surfactants at a new $170-million plant near its Atlas Point manufacturing facility in New Castle, DE.
Apr 29, 2015
Uwe Halder is the new CEO of Kolb, a Hedingen, Switzerland-based manufacturer of non-ionic surfactants.
Apr 23, 2015
Topical application of antioxidants and minerals has become a focal point among the medical community. Here, the rationale for the topical delivery of vitamin D is described, including the review of a case study suggesting real efficacy. This, taken in conjuction with the described results, led to the development of a concept combining nutritional and topical approaches to deliver vitamin D.
Apr 23, 2015
Bakuchiol, a meroterpene of plant origin, is examined here for its ability to stabilize retinol and polyunsaturated lipids. It was found to be approximately 60-fold more effective than natural tocopherol, under both photo-oxidative and singlet oxygen environments. An overview of retinol stabilization, lipid peroxidation and the unique role lipid peroxides play in biology also is included.
Apr 22, 2015
Ethylhexylglycerin is a frequently used multifunctional additive. Besides its deodorant efficacy, it is an excellent booster of many traditional preservatives and other antimicrobial substances. It was introduced to the personal care market by schülke as sensiva® SC 50; a product with outstanding quality and comprehensive safety data.
Between The Covers Discover:
- Amino acid distribution and biochemistry
- Examination of strength and anti-breakage product claims
- Hair: growth cycle, heat protection, shine, and color intensity and retention
- Overview of shampoos and issues relating to surfactants
- Science of hair color including chemical reactions and formulations
- Ethnic differences in hair and absorption of materials
- Evaluate and quantify visual properties of hair
- Dandruff-Causes and biology of the condition
- Hair styling products and polymers
Click here to order your copy today.
Finally! This book offers practical approach to the formulation chemist’s day-to-day endeavors by: addressing the innumerable challenges facing the chemist both in design and at bench, such as formulating with/for specific properties; offering valuable “tips” to troubleshooting issues regarding ingredient selection and interaction, regulatory concerns that must be addressed early in development, and the extrapolation of preservative systems; exploring the advantages and limitations of raw materials; addressing scale-up and pilot production process and concerns; and much more.Order your copy today.