Most Popular in Formulating
- Comparatively Speaking: Shampoo vs. Body Wash Formulation
- Straightening Hair Safely With Cystine and Without Formaldehyde
- Formulating Facial Masks
- Comparatively Speaking: Dimethicone vs. Simethicone
- W/O/W Technology to Enhance Organic UVA/UVB Sunscreen Performance
- Technology-driven Trends in Nail Polish Color and Texture
- Silicones' Benefits in Antiaging Skin Care
- Dermawhite(TM) WF is the newest skin brightening ingredient from BASF
- Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropyl Sulfonate for Sulfate-free Formulations
- Keratolytic Treatments for Acne: A Review
Recent in Formulating (page 6 of 9)
Jun 19, 2015
Berkem presented the active ingredient, Berkemyol potentilla, which highlighted an anti-aging formulation concept.
Jun 15, 2015
Glycation is the process where sugar and protein molecules combine haphazardly, which creates disorder within the skin. Glycated tissue becomes tough and inflexible, leading to wrinkles in the skin
Jun 8, 2015
Burberry will distribute its fragrances and makeup products in Japan via Shiseido (Tokyo).
Jun 3, 2015
This column reviews basic shampoo formulation strategies then looks to dandruff mechanisms and the ingredients and strategies used to address it, including new concepts on the horizon for future product development.
Jun 2, 2015
The intersection of R&D and consumer needs.
Jun 1, 2015
The newest naturally derived emulsifier from BASF, Emulgade® Sucro Plus, provides strong emulsifying properties and a high electrolyte tolerance along with distinct sensory benefits in finished formulations.
Jun 1, 2015
Eufora announced the launch of ElixirONE, a product designed to sync with hair to create body, movement and shine in response to each individual’s hair type or texture.
May 29, 2015
A cellular biological clock, the telomere is a fairly long repeated nucleotide sequence that terminates the chromosome. When telomeres become really short, the cells stop their division/replication and enter senescence, making them reliable markers of aging.
May 29, 2015
Crambe Seed Oil is a high slip, high stability, luxurious plant oil with a wide range of potential uses.
May 26, 2015
Mark Chandler returns for the 2015 C&T Summit to further immerse attendees in the world of sensory engineering. He led a widely popular lab at the 2014 Summit, which covered the technical aspects of creating sensory effects in formulations. Participants, working in groups, were given mock marketing briefs and a palette of sample formulas to explore that best met the target application.
May 20, 2015
Move expands range of materials.
May 20, 2015
In this C&T Summit preview, Mark White, senior principal packaging engineer, Amway Corp., discusses the role of packaging in bringing new creations to market, boosting efficacy and imparting an optimal experience for product end-users.
Between The Covers Discover:
- Amino acid distribution and biochemistry
- Examination of strength and anti-breakage product claims
- Hair: growth cycle, heat protection, shine, and color intensity and retention
- Overview of shampoos and issues relating to surfactants
- Science of hair color including chemical reactions and formulations
- Ethnic differences in hair and absorption of materials
- Evaluate and quantify visual properties of hair
- Dandruff-Causes and biology of the condition
- Hair styling products and polymers
Click here to order your copy today.
Finally! This book offers practical approach to the formulation chemist’s day-to-day endeavors by: addressing the innumerable challenges facing the chemist both in design and at bench, such as formulating with/for specific properties; offering valuable “tips” to troubleshooting issues regarding ingredient selection and interaction, regulatory concerns that must be addressed early in development, and the extrapolation of preservative systems; exploring the advantages and limitations of raw materials; addressing scale-up and pilot production process and concerns; and much more.Order your copy today.