Most Popular in Formulating
- Comparatively Speaking: Shampoo vs. Body Wash Formulation
- Straightening Hair Safely With Cystine and Without Formaldehyde
- Formulating Facial Masks
- W/O/W Technology to Enhance Organic UVA/UVB Sunscreen Performance
- Technology-driven Trends in Nail Polish Color and Texture
- Comparatively Speaking: Dimethicone vs. Simethicone
- Dermawhite(TM) WF is the newest skin brightening ingredient from BASF
- Silicones' Benefits in Antiaging Skin Care
- Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropyl Sulfonate for Sulfate-free Formulations
- Keratolytic Treatments for Acne: A Review
Recent in Formulating (page 4 of 9)
Sep 21, 2015
Our Color Care segment contributes to the market with a wide range of special-effect pigments and functional ingredients that are on trend, unique and skin-friendly. BASF offers highly effective solutions that create an immediate visual and sensory impact: a radiant appearance and an expression of personality.
Sep 16, 2015
Mineral Fusion’s Bronzing Beauty Balm functions as a mineral beauty balm, foundation, moisturizer, bronzer and age-defying treatment.
Sep 14, 2015
Radiant skin continues to be a reflection of timeless beauty & glamour.
Sep 11, 2015
Resilience Lift Night is a sculpting face and neck cream applied before bed that helps to create a more lifted and firm look overnight. In addition, a portion of its sales will be donated toward breast cancer awareness.
Sep 3, 2015
Scalisi Skincare Eye Cream is designed to help erase crow’s feet and fine lines, and melt puffiness under the eyes.
Sep 2, 2015
BASF’s newest ingredient is a novel solution for personal care formulators in need of a renewable, amphoteric surfactant.
Sep 1, 2015
Chemistry has afforded the world of beauty care a wealth of engineered ingredients that formulators have at their disposal to create products that enhance the lives of consumers.
Aug 26, 2015
The present article reviews traditional Indian color cosmetics, which are used still today, and considers their main ingredients. For example, kajal eye liner is marketed by most multinational brands in India and is regarded as a driver of sales for other products.
Aug 24, 2015
Delivery systems and ingredients in personal care were valued at US $345,287.3 thousand in 2014, and this ingredient category is expected to grow to $543,373.2 thousand by 2020.
Aug 4, 2015
Minasolve has introduced MinaCare Pentiol Green+, a corn cob, sugar cane bagasse based version of pentylene glycol.
Aug 3, 2015
Vantage Specialty Ingredients has introduced Lipomulse Eco Series, a new addition to their product line.
Jul 29, 2015
Solazyme, Inc. and BASF partnered in launching a high performance algal betaine—the first commercial surfactant derived from microalgae oil—for use in home and personal care applications.
Between The Covers Discover:
- Amino acid distribution and biochemistry
- Examination of strength and anti-breakage product claims
- Hair: growth cycle, heat protection, shine, and color intensity and retention
- Overview of shampoos and issues relating to surfactants
- Science of hair color including chemical reactions and formulations
- Ethnic differences in hair and absorption of materials
- Evaluate and quantify visual properties of hair
- Dandruff-Causes and biology of the condition
- Hair styling products and polymers
Click here to order your copy today.
Finally! This book offers practical approach to the formulation chemist’s day-to-day endeavors by: addressing the innumerable challenges facing the chemist both in design and at bench, such as formulating with/for specific properties; offering valuable “tips” to troubleshooting issues regarding ingredient selection and interaction, regulatory concerns that must be addressed early in development, and the extrapolation of preservative systems; exploring the advantages and limitations of raw materials; addressing scale-up and pilot production process and concerns; and much more.Order your copy today.